Welcome to the curling page for the 2021 55+ Games in Yarmouth & Acadian Shores, Nova Scotia. Here you will find all of the necessary information, schedule, and results for curling.
- Registration & Check-In: Yarmouth Curling Club, Friday from 7:30 AM - 4:00 PM
- Dates: Friday, November 12th - Sunday, November 14th
- Time: Games Beginning at 9:00 AM Daily
- Location: Yarmouth Links & Curling Club
- 28 Forbes Street, Yarmouth
Schedule & Format
- We will be providing a hot meal for all participants Friday night, November. 12th, from 4:45 – 7:15. If players prefer a vegetarian option please notify me, Dave MacDougal, by Nov. 8, at email@example.com.
- The kitchen at the club will be open from 9:00 – 3:00, on Fri., Sat., and Sun.
- Please be ready for coin toss 15 minutes prior to your scheduled game time.
- During round-robin play, slide curling will draw to the button to break ties. Stick Curlers will play an extra end. All playoff games will play an extra end to break ties.
- The scoring will be 3 pts. for a regulation win, 2 pts. for an extra end win, 1 pt. for an extra end loss.
- Competitive broom heads are not required.
- During round-robin play and after completion of the scheduled game, all teams, Stick and Slide curling, will throw one rock to the pin (Draw To Pin, DTP), measure it, and record the measurement on the score sheet. All players must take turns making this draw. This will be used as the final tie-breaker. Failure to do so will result in a maximum score for the shot being recorded.
- Tie Breakers: a). games between teams tied; b). DTP will break all other ties.
- All players must present their vaccination passports at registration.
|Time & Date||Ice 1||Ice 2||Ice 3||Ice 4|
|Wed. Nov 10th, 6:00 PM||O1 vs. O2||O9 vs. O11||O8 vs. O11||O1 vs. O5|
|Fri. Nov 12th, 9:00 AM||O15 vs. O11||O13 vs. O3||O6 vs. O4||O8 vs. O7|
|10:15 AM||MW3 vs. MW2||W1 vs. W4||MW4 vs. MW1||W3 vs. W2|
|12:45 PM||O6 vs. O13||O5 vs. O4||O7 vs. O9||O4 vs. O12|
|2:00 PM||W1 vs. W5||W2 vs. W4||MW1 vs. MW5||MW2 vs. MW4|
|4:15 PM||MW5 vs. MW4||MW1 vs. MW3||M1 vs. M3||M2 vs. M4|
|4:45 PM - 7:45 PM||Opening Meal|
|6:00 PM||O12 vs. O6||O5 vs. O2||O15 vs. O8||O14 vs. O10|
|Sat. Nov 13th, 9:00 AM||O4 vs. O3||O7 vs. O15||O10 vs. O5||O14 vs. O2|
|10:15 AM||W2 vs. W1||W3 vs. W5||MW2 vs. MW1||MW3 vs. MW5|
|Noon||O2 vs. O10||O13 vs. O12||M3 vs. M4||M1 vs. M2|
|1:45 PM||W4 vs. W3||MW4 vs. MW3||W5 vs. W2||MW5 vs. MW2|
|4:15 PM||O1 vs. O14||O3 vs. O6||O11 vs. O7||O9 vs. O15|
|5:30 PM||M1 vs. M4||M2 vs. M3||W1 vs. W3||W5 vs. W4|
|7:30 PM||O9 vs. O8||O13 vs. O4||O12 vs. O3||O10 vs. O1|
|Sun. Nov 14th, 9:00 AM||OC||MWA||OA||OB|