Frequently Asked Questions
Looking for more information to your questions about the 2021 Nova Scotia 55+ Games? You've come to the right place!
We encourage you to pay before your arrival in Yarmouth. Ideally we would like everyone to pay before September 10 to help with our registration and check-in processes.
If you need to pay at check-in, we will be accepting cash and cheque only.
Yarmouth is located at the end of two major highways, Highway 101 and Highway 103. Both routes are roughly 3 to 3.5 hours from Halifax.
Here are some estimated driving times from a variety of towns and cities across Nova Scotia:
- Shelburne: 1 Hour via Highway 103
- Digby: 1 Hour via Highway 101
- Bridgewater: 2 Hours via Highway 103
- New Minas: 2.5 Hours via Highway 101
- Halifax: 3 to 3.5 Hours via Highway 103 or 101
- Truro: 4 Hours via Highway 102 and Highway 103 or 101
- Amherst: 5 Hours via Trans Canada Highway, Highway 102, and Highway 103 or 101
- Antigonish: 5 Hours via Trans Canada Highway, Highway 102, and Highway 103 or 101
- Sydney: 7.25 Hours via Route 4, Trans Canada Highway, Highway 102 and Highway 103 or 101
We require all participants and non-participants to come to our check-in location before participating in any event so that we can be sure you are paid up, you receive your delegate kit and that we can have you sign a COVID-19 health screening and waiver.
Yes you can! Participants who are currently 54 years of age, but will turn 55 by December 31st, 2021 are eligible to participate.
We will be accepting, e-transfers, cheques, credit cards and cash (if your local), for more information on making payments please refer to your invoice or contact us at email@example.com.
Age category of team based sports are based on the youngest team member.
While we are confident this won't happen based on all of our discussions with public health and others, should a shut down happen we will evaluate all options available to us and communicate via email to all of those registered.
NS 55+ Games Society Membership (non-refundable) $10.00
Participant Registration $25.00
Non-Participant Registration $10.00
Curling Team Fee (entire team) $150.00
Golf Fee (per person) $70.00
Hockey Fee (entire team) $400.00
Technical T-Shirt $25.00
Sport Water Bottle $15.00